Come join a growing, dynamic and innovative team that has established itself as a market leader in live customer engagement solutions. Vee24 provides real-time customer engagement software to help large and small companies improve their customer acquisition, customer satisfaction, and overall customer experience for clients like Samsung, Audi, Jordan’s Furniture, Eastern Bank, DFS, Schuh, and Jaguar Land Rover. With a combination of adaptive software, great people, and proven implementation methodology, Vee24 partners with its clients to build global capabilities that integrate workflows and web and mobile collaborations across the customer lifecycle. For more information visit us at: www.vee24.com.
We’re looking for an experienced Data Architect with leadership experience to join our A+ global engineering team. Our technology stack is built on modern web and audio-video platforms and our solution provides real-time communication services to a marquee list of customers across the world helping them improve customer satisfaction and better sales conversion by providing real-time expert help.
Our engineers work in small teams and influence the direction of our products. In the role, you will provide technical leadership to the engineering team, with significant code-level management, including overseeing and working with our offshore partner teams and leading their projects.
You will be charged with reviewing our current data architecture and the infrastructure supporting it and developing and implementing a data architecture roadmap to enhance our future growth and scalability. You will be part of an agile engineering team that brings our offering to global customers and new markets by building, integrating, testing, and releasing new features and products. This is a senior role and with it comes the requirement to work with our offshore team to execute on the envisioned architectural roadmap.
- Review existing product data architecture to understand data sources and storage and access architecture.
- Model, Design, and lead implementation of the future data architecture for the Vee24 suite of products including the storage architecture and the access architecture.
- Develop a plan to migrate the existing data architecture.
- Work within a geographically distributed team to plan, scope, build, and deliver the data architecture. Participate in full lifecycle engineering methodology to ensure timely, high-quality releases.
- Ensure that the data architecture is robust and highly scalable to support a large user base across global client accounts.
- Define the reporting infrastructure including access, authorization, and interfaces to a variety of in-house applications and third-party Business Intelligence (BI) tools.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team members.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and solutions available with cloud service providers that may be useful to include in the product data architecture roadmap.
- Assist the support team in debugging customer issues and in resolving those issues by working with cloud providers, configuration deployment, and implementation issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant software engineering experience designing and building enterprise applications with particular emphasis on the design and implementation of product data architecture.
- 5+ years developing highly available and highly scalable SaaS applications in cloud environments such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform.
- 3+ years leading data architecture engineering projects and teams.
- Expert-level skills in SQL and SQL databases are required. Experience as a DBA is a strong plus.
- Experience with NoSQL and other database solutions (columnar, time-based, unstructured data) is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server including schema design, SQL, stored procedures, and working with object-relational mappers.
- Additional experience with other databases such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle is a strong plus.
- Experience developing backend services (service layer, business layer, data access, microservices).
- Strong C# development and debugging skills.
- Experience working with agile tools such as Bitbucket (Git), Jira, Confluence is required.
- Experience with one or more BI tools including PowerBI, Tableau, Sisense, and others.
- Experience with Azure Data Lake and Azure Synapse is a plus.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Boston, MA
Vee24 is an equal opportunity employer.
Please e-mail your resume to, email@example.com. We appreciate every applicant’s interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted.