We recently sat down with Priya Iyer, Vee24 Chairman & CEO, to ask some questions about customer engagement, interesting ways Vee24 customers utilize the technology, as well as what is in her beach bag for summer reading this year.
What about Vee24 inspired you to join the team?
Vee24 works with some of the world’s most respected brands, all of whom share our vision that online sales and customer support can be enhanced through live consultation. Online customer engagement is experiencing a surge of innovation and we plan on being an integral part of this change. I’m delighted to be leading a talented team to deliver significantly better customer experience globally, across all online channels and devices.
What are customers doing with Vee24 that gets you excited?
Everything! Seriously, Vee24 customers are using the technology in innovative ways creating new best practices for the platform. From making a personal connection, to sharing screens and helping customers install a new device online, video collaboration is putting real humans back in the sales and service process. Our customers are jointly innovating with us to rapidly advance the platform to bring the right form of engagement across video, voice and text across all online channels and devices.
One of my favorite examples was the pro-active approach Comcast was able to deliver during a recent outage. Seeing a real person answering their questions helped customers realize how much Comcast deeply cares for their needs. On average, Vee24 clients, realize a 5x increase in conversions, 35% growth in average order value and a 96% average customer experience rating.
What do you see as the future of online video assistance?
We’re already able to achieve so much with the current technology but I see growth in two key areas.
- Adoption – as more agents and customers become familiar with the technology it will become the standard for online customer acquisition and care across all industries world-wide.
- Learning – Right now the tools are designed to deliver an important service. Over time the systems will become more effective at intelligently anticipating customer needs, facilitating the right journey and engagements to help agents learn how to connect to buyers and overall improve our communication skills.
Why is now the time for brands to consider live video assistance?
Digital shopping has changed the way customers interact with the businesses that serve them. Buyers expect access to information and fast response times. As the bar has been raised it’s harder than ever to differentiate your brand. Live video assistance is an important tool for creating an emotional connection to your audience, but more critically it’s an essential tool for exceeding expectations in a way that builds loyalty.
What’s your favorite hidden gem in Boston where Vee24 is headquartered?
We are so lucky to be at the hub of innovation. Everywhere you look there is inspiration. But sometimes it’s great to get away from the modern, and be surrounded by nature. One of my favorite spots is the Harvard Museum of Natural History. Visiting there gives me an excuse to walk around the esteemed campus and I find the collection calming.
What’s on your summer reading list?
I love to read. It’s one of the places I get my inspiration but also there is nothing like losing myself in a great story. This summer I’ll be making time to read:
- Only Humans Need Apply: Winners & Losers in the Age of Smart Machines by Thomas Davenport and Julia Kirby
- The Inevitable: Understanding The 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future by Kevin Kelly
- And I plan to re-read Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen because everyone needs something to make them laugh over the summer.